Friday, January 31, 2020

Romancing the Rake by Nichole Van

Romancing the Rake (Brotherhood of the Black Tartan Book 2)Romancing the Rake by Nichole Van
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Superb!

It's books like this that really keep me reading. Ms. Van has really taken the time to develop a wonderful story with complex characters, swoony romance, an intriguing mystery or two and takes you on a journey of discovery for our leads Rafe and Sophie. I'm not exaggerating when I say I couldn't put this one down, as soon as I started I was sucked right into the story. I did pause to text some friends letting them know early on this book was a keeper. So, despite wanting to savor it, I did end up reading this in one day. I HAD to know what was going to happen.

The writing was spot on, a great flow to the story that kept me engaged. The characters were really well developed, so many layers to them. The mysteries were great, I had no clue how things were going to play out, but watching it all come together in the end was epic.

I love a good romance, and the story of Rafe and Sophie is just so yummy. Very believable emotions, trials and heartache. The both face quite a bit and there are some heavy themes, but I appreciate that it was kept positive and even had some great lighthearted moments. Lots of swoony tension as well.

I remember loving the first book, and this one was equally great. I eagerly look forward to the rest of the series, this is one I will read over and over. HIGHLY recommend to everyone.

Content:
Romance: Clean, kissing
Language: Mild
Violence: Mild-moderate (view spoiler)
Series: Brotherhood of the Black Tartan, Book Two - Stands well on its own

Source: Review copy, views 100% my own

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!