Sunday, February 2, 2020

Fall from Trace by Rebecca Connolly

Fall from Trace (London League #5)Fall from Trace by Rebecca Connolly
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I don't usually pre-order books, but when I saw Fall from Trace was up for sale, I couldn't resist. And that cover...spot on! I than anxiously waited for it to be released so I could finally learn Trace's story. Alex Sommerville has long been thought dead, his closest friends and love of his life have spent the last five years mourning his passing. But, he wasn't really dead, at least not physically.

This is not a standalone story, you could probably read it as one, but it is much better if you've read the other books in the series. It really makes the story a lot richer if you do.

This was a great story, very well written. Alex has had a very rough five years, to put it mildly. So, it's not a happy lighthearted story, but rather one of finding himself, healing and overcoming a lot to return to himself and of course the power of love. Poppy and Alex were childhood friends, turned sweethearts. They have a phenomenal connection to each other, understand each other. Their scenes together are probably my favorite. Alex went through a lot in captivity, the author doesn't gloss over it or make him heal too quickly. I appreciate that there are no gory details, but you also are given enough information to know he went through hell. But, we also get to see him heal.

The story is well rounded, I thought it was well paced, kept me glued to the pages. I liked that we were reunited with past characters. I appreciate that they didn't steal the show, which can happen in series like this. It was still very much Alex and Poppy's story, but also nice to have them woven in. (view spoiler)

Overall, I really enjoyed this one. Its been a really fun series to read and get into.

Content:
Romance: Clean
Language: Very mild
Violence: Moderate: nothing on page, but memories of torture & abuse, ptsd

Source: Amazon Kindle

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!