Friday, April 24, 2020

Lakeshire Park by Megan Walker

Lakeshire ParkLakeshire Park by Megan Walker
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Utterly Charming!

I was first drawn to this book by its beautiful cover. It's very inviting, warm and makes you want to go exploring the beautiful grounds. And you know, some book just call to you, begging to be read. I felt early on that I would enjoy this book and even had to start recommending it to friend when I was only about halfway through!

I was quickly sucked into the story and connected with our heroine, Amelia early on. She is a likable lead, she'll do anything to secure the happiness and security of her sister, even if it costs her own. I thoroughly enjoyed when Amelia and Peter meet for the first time, I'm a sucker for a good "meet cute" and thought theirs was great. The chemistry between them was swoon-worthy and it was fun watching their feelings develop. The pacing was nice, believable and just enough tension to keep things interesting and kept me grinning throughout. Lots of great scenes in this one.

I enjoyed Ms. Walker's writing style, the story has an easy flow to it that makes you forget you're reading and get carried away in the story. This was the first book I've read of hers, but I eagerly look forward to reading more. Reminiscent of Edenbrooke, so if you enjoyed that book you'll want to give this one a try.

Highly recommend to everyone!

Content (G): Clean romance, kisses, no violence or language

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!