Monday, April 27, 2020

To Con a Gentleman by Sarah Adams

To Con a Gentleman (Dalton Family #1)To Con a Gentleman by Sarah Adams
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5

I love discovering new authors, almost as much as discovering new favorite books. I really enjoyed To Con a Gentleman, it is definitely being added to my 'read again' shelf and I look forward to reading more by Ms. Adams. This was reminiscent of those old traditional regencies (that I love) by Valerie King, Joan Overfield and a bit of Georgette Heyer.

This book is filled with charm, likable characters that have a lot of depth, a nice flowing writing style that sucks you into the story and makes the world around you disappear. If you know me, you know I love a good "meet cute" and this one, between Rose and Carver was just so much fun. I enjoyed all their scenes actually, full of fun, tension and loads of chemistry.

Overall, this was an entertaining read, I'd consider it Regency-Lite, but one I'd recommend to any regency fan.

Content:
Clean romance, kissing
no language or violence

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!