Saturday, March 1, 2014

Compromising Kessen by Rachel Van Dyken

The last thing career-driven Kessen Newberry wants is to leave her home in Colorado to spend a Season in London, far away from her job, her friends and the memories of her mother. However, her father, the Earl of Newberry, threatens to disinherit her unless she gets in touch with her British roots. She complies, but has no intention of enjoying the experience. That is until she meets Christian Vandenbrook, the arrogant and irritatingly handsome future Duke of Albany and her father’s business partner. Unfortunately, Christian hates Americans. And coffee. And apparently, Kessen. A hatred this passionate can only lead to one thing… marriage. Caught in the middle of a Regency-inspired nightmare, Kessen and Christian are forced to marry in only one week’s time. Resigned to their fate, the two resolve to give the relationship a chance—which would be much easier if everyone would stop interrupting them every time they found a moment alone.
This was charming! I loved how lighthearted it was, I caught myself smiling a lot throughout the book. Christian and Kessen had great chemistry, I liked their banter. I also loved their friends Nick and Duncan, they were a riot. I loved how they were trying to keep them apart before the wedding and also how they wanted to help them get to know each other. I think the characters would probably die if they knew I've never had a drop of coffee or tea! There was a lot of kissing in this book! They couldn’t keep their hand off each other. And while I think that’s important in a relationship, I also think there are more important things for long-term success. By the end I still kind of felt the main component for their relationship was lust. I hope that when things mellow out and they settle down they are able to build on their friendship and have their HEA. Overall, a fun escape and I agree with another review that said this would make a fun movie!

Content
Romance: Pretty clean
Language: Mild

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!