Wednesday, March 2, 2016

His Kind of Cowgirl by Karen Rock

His Kind of CowgirlHis Kind of Cowgirl by Karen Rock
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this one!

I love a good contemporary western, I also love a good second chance at love story, and this had both! Tanner and Claire didn't part on the best of terms, in fact Clarie would be happy if she never saw him again. Life has other plans and she is not to happy when they are thrown back together again.

Clarie was a pretty tough character, she'd been through a lot. Sheesh, that opening prologue had me crying! Maybe it hit a little too close to home. Anyway, she was devastated at the loss of her sweet husband and when the book picks up two years later she is desperately trying to save her fathers bull ranch. She's been homeschooling her son since he's getting bullied at school and doesn't need any other distractions. That's when Tanner crashes back into her life. I wasn't sure what to think of Tanner (until we meet him then I started rooting for him pretty quickly), I am so glad we got things from his POV, its obvious he still has deep feelings for Claire, and I loved to see that side of him. I ended up really liking his character, who could resist a swoony bull rider?

I thought the overall story was good, the pacing was great and kept me turning the pages. I was sucked in from the start. I loved the setting and characters. Overall, an entertaining read. I'll definitely be reading more of Ms. Rock's books, fan for life now. :)

Content
Romance: Clean, mild innuendo-passionate kisses that stayed clean
Language: Mild
Violence: None
Religious: None

Source: Review copy


This has been nominated for a 2016 Swoony Award. Share the love and vote for it here.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!