Sunday, November 26, 2017

The Object of His Affection by Marcia Lynn McClure

The Object of His AffectionThe Object of His Affection by Marcia Lynn McClure
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

While looking for fun Christmas books to read, I realized that I never left a review for this one. Which is so unlike me! So, I decided it’d be the perfect time to read it again and leave a proper review.

This is a really sweet historical romance. Athena and her sisters are left destitute after the death of her parents and her father’s mismanagement of money. To keep their spirits high Athena takes her younger sisters Christmas caroling. She’s embarrassed when they knock on the door of the family who helped ruin her father’s business ventures. Rafe (I forget his last name) feels responsible for the situation Athena and her sisters are in, even though it had nothing to do with him, but he feels he wants to make things right. So he proposes to Athena and says he’ll help take care of and set up her sisters with dowries, etc.

Overall, this was just a fun escape. I liked the London setting at Christmas, the loving relationship between the sisters and of course the sweet romance. A quick and Christmassy escape.

Content
Romance: Clean, mild kissing and mild innuendo
Language: None
Violence: None
Religious: None
Series: Standalone




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!