Saturday, May 23, 2020

Faceoff by Rebecca Connolly

Faceoff (Northbrook Hockey Elite #1)Faceoff by Rebecca Connolly
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My sixth grade teacher was obsessed with hockey. Seriously, he had a hockey rink built in his backyard and taught us lessons on hockey and for recess we would play hockey. So, I've always had a soft spot for hockey. I love going to the games and was excited when I saw a book series centered around hockey players! Sign me up!

This was a fun read, even if you don't like hockey. Clint McCarthy has finally made it to the big leagues, he's been signed to play professional hockey. On top of that, he has reconnected with an old friend and sparks are flying everywhere! Bree Stone is working on her doctorate degree and isn't looking for romance, but cant deny the chemistry she feels with Clint. Bree and Clint have a nice, conflict-free romance. Things heat up quickly and they just love being with each other. It sort of reminds me of those couples that are all, "I love you more, no I love you more, no I do..." which is endearing but I admit, in my novels I like a little more tension. They're super cute together though and its fun to see their interactions.

This is the first book in the Northbrook Hockey Elite series, so there is a lot of characters introduced, and characters from the Belltown Six series (you wont be lost if you haven't read that series). All the different characters and set up for the series, was handled well. They were presented in a way that I look forward to reading their stories as well.

Overall, I thought this was a fun read. Once I started I was quickly sucked in and enjoyed the story. Well-written, likable characters and a fun plot. I look forward to reading more.

Content: Clean romance, just kisses. No language or violence (except for a few hockey scuffles, but what is hockey with a little fighting??)

Similar Books You May Enjoy...
The Friend Zone (End of the Line #1) by Sariah Wilson Delay of Game (Dating Mr. Baseball Book 1) by Lucy McConnell Playing For Keeps by Ranee S. Clark

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!